Pueblo West is launching a new initiative focused on more engagement with the community. With two-way conversation between District administration and our residents, we are seeking to better understand community priorities. This information will be used to help the District more efficiently respond to community issues and will be a central factor in future budgeting processes.
The first step in this process will be a series of focus groups. Residents are invited to take part in these conversations on January 13th or January 16th from 12:00 – 1:30 PM at the Pueblo West library.
We will focus on:
- Resident’s preferences for District services
- Current satisfaction levels
- Priorities moving forward
- Issues facing the community.
Resident feedback will be used to help formulate a community-wide survey now scheduled for early spring. With this survey the District is seeking to become more responsive to residents in three ways:
- Strategic Planning: resident feedback and priorities for the future will be the focus of long-term District planning. Focus groups and surveys make government planning more inclusive.
- Performance Management: in addition to playing a key role in long-term planning, data from resident feedback will be used in day-to-day District management. In the coming months, additional options will become available to Pueblo West residents to engage with the District and let us know how we’re doing.
- Priority-Based Budgeting: resident feedback will be used to determine how to best match District resources with community priorities. By engaging residents in the budgeting process, we are seeking to make better-informed financial decisions and ensure we focus on the programs and services most valued by the Pueblo West community.
These focus groups represent the first step in our efforts to improve engagement with Pueblo West residents and become a more inclusive and responsive District. Any resident is invited to take part in this important conversation and join us for the scheduled focus groups. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
For any questions, please contact:
Pueblo West Metro Community Engagement Manager